Thursday, October 02, 2014

October 2012 Malaysia-Boracay(Phillippines)-Cambodia

I think I have blogged about my holidays for 2012 October but I can't remember how much detail I put out. This time, it will be more about why the destination, how, when and what to do.

Boracay was fun though there are some annoying things eg locals harrassing us to get deals almost every time we walk on the beach strip from our hotel to the main centre. We decided to go for diving and I did my beginner and open water certificate. Dived during the day and my theory at night. I think it took me 5 days. I did 2 dives on the second last day because the weather was nice and I wasn't seasick. So yes, you would have to watch out if you are prone to sickness eg seasick. We had about 6 days before we flew back to KL. If you eat the local food, it's pretty cheap. We did other activities as well, not just diving. It just depends on what you want to do during your trip. We enjoyed our trip so much that we think we should have stayed longer.

When you choose your destination, think of what you want to do.

We flew to Cambodia 2 days after we got back from Boracay. Cambodia was totally different from Boracay. While Boracay is more of a beach holiday, Cambodia is more of city sight-seeing. We visited the temples, boat ride to see the villages on water and even donated to the poor village. How nice are we. We didn't really eat out at the local town though. Wish we did but I was dead tired and lazy to walk around. We both enjoyed it apart from the time when I ate too much for breakfast and ended up vomitting in the crowd. It was quite embarrassing. Two french tourists men were very nice to offer me water to wash my hands. I think I would be quite careful the next time.

We spent the rest of the time with my family and meeting up with relatives. Then it is back to reality.

No comments: