Thursday, October 02, 2014

January 2014 Queenstown-Dunedin-Christchurch

So I will start with the latest holiday I had. I would say this is a family holiday because it is mainly spending time with family while travelling in several towns in South Island.We started off from Christchurch (obviously since it is where hubby and I reside) and drive down to Dunedin. After settling into our holiday home and getting dinner ready that night, hubby and sis 2 went to pick up sis 1 from work.

Then, some of sis 1's friends came over to join us for dinner. Played games and chit-chatting that night. The following day, while sis 1 worked, we went off sight-seeing nearby.
NZ is generally a place for people who enjoy scenic views and perhaps trekking. I am not a fan of trekking so I would prefer to do something else. Funny in saying that, walking all day around in big cities is almost the same as trekking/hiking tracks now that I am thinking about it. The only difference I can say is you dress up for trekking but you don't when you walk/sight-seeing in big cities.

Anyway, we drove to Queenstown the following day, stopping in several towns for toilet stops and picking cherries.Once arrived in Queenstown, we checked in and went into town to shop for food so we could cook back in the apartment hotel. The next day was spent up the gondola. Same in the evening too. Visited Milford Sound the following day. I think it is a must if visit Queenstown. The views are absolutely beautiful. I bet that the surrounding areas are interesting to study on as I love geography.

The following day, we took our time driving back to Dunedin, stopping again to pick cherries. But this time, we found this cherry shop that sells seconds and they look absolutely awesome and cheap. If we wasn't driving around looking for cherry farm, we wouldn't have found the shop. Spent the following 2 days with sis and family before dropping both of them off at work and hostel and drove back to Christchurch.

The holiday ends with sending mummy off to airport on Monday as daddy already flew out the Saturday before.

No comments: