Sunday, October 05, 2014

2008 Dec-2009 Jan - Doha(Qatar)

Let me see. I think I flew off to Doha beginning of December to spend my summer holidays with family. I also got to see Doha for the first time. Doha is the capital city of Qatar and I think they do host a couple big events here from time to time. As a foreigner, we also have to respect the culture over there eg dress accordingly. We are not supposed to expose too much skin and yeah I understand that having growing up among variety of culture.

Some days, I stayed at home in the air-conditioning house. The gym was a minute walk from the house in the compound so I exercised daily. It was practically empty during mid-afternoons. Visited a couple of shopping malls while we were there too. They are huge and good to explore. I can't remember if I did lots of shopping though.

We also visited the sand dunes, I think it is about an hour and half drive away from where we were staying. Other than that, it was family time or catching up with other families to eat, either with the families living in the same residential compound or drive to the other residential compound where the other families lived.

I think visiting the middle east does open up my eyes a lot and made me appreciate things that I have which some others don't have.

No comments: