Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Food, glorious food

Saw this title somewhere but forgot where, never mind, if it is about food, it will surely be glorious ! This morning we somewhat talked about kimchi and Mary listed out the ingredients of kimchi, I had in mind all these ingredients in my fridge, okay, not all after some digging, but then I told Mary I wanted to make kimchi. So I followed Mary back to her house to collect her
big packet of chilli powder for my use.

This will be my second attempt and it will still be my own version of the making of kimchi. First I rubbed coarse salt generously onto the half Chinese cabbage, then soaked it in salt water, pressing down the cabbage with the handle of the mortar in order for the cabbage to immersely completely in the water.

After 5 hours in the afternoon, I prepared the red carrot, shredded into small strips, mixed the sauce, rubbed the sauce onto the cabbage, as the cabbage was not big, so the sauce was able to be mixed easily. Then I put everything in airtight container and left in room temperature until the next morning, After that I transferred it into the fridge, ready to eat after 3 days. Sound easy, right? and the kimchi will taste super, believe me.

Ingredients : Chinese cabbage, ginger & garlic (crushed), red carrot, Chinese chives and leeks (I did not add in because cannot find in my fridge)

The sauce : glutinous rice flour, chilli powder, salt , sugar, fish sauce, water

No comments: