Saturday, July 26, 2014

Crossfitting

So I have been attending crossfit classes and felt good each time. Well, that is if I sweat. 

So Tuesdays and Thursdays are more towards burning calories; the reps in an amount of time. I like this because I know I would have try my best and then sweat. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays are more towards building strength in the arms and the legs. Love it though I would be telling myself what am I doing when I wake up in the early mornings. You see, the classes I attend is 6am. Most people would still be sleeping at this time and still will be by the time I finish my class. Teehee..

To be honest, I feel good, fit and healthy. Of course, I will be tired by the end of the day but you know what, I have good sleeps each time. Well most of the time if the wind is not strong and blowing outside the house or raining heavily (on the steel roof). Also provided that I don't wake up in the middle of the night. I still do though I don't really want to get woken up. 

There was an incident on last Thursday morning. One of the girl from our class injured her fingers. The kettlebell that she used is 16kg. I am sure what is the story and how it went since I wasn't by her side. There were too many people crowding her so I stayed where I was and continue the workout. 

The kettlebell I used is only 5kg. I tried 6kg on Tuesday and I struggled with it as it is heavy. I can see the kettlebell dropping slowly to my head when I was holding on it while doing turkish get up (google it to see what workout is and you will understand what I mean). My arm was getting tired hence why the kettlebell was dropping (getting nearer to my head) and I had to put it down. I don't want to get injured especially in the head. It was scary considering that I would have done it to myself.

Morale of the story: Do the workout within your own limit. You can push yourself harder but it must be within your limit.

No comments: