Saturday, August 16, 2014

Curtains problem

I have 5 minutes to blog here. So I mentioned that I wanted to talk about my curtains. 

Yes, the curtain tracks dropped on me earlier this year when I was pulling the curtains open in the morning. I didn't pull it hard, just normal pulling curtains to open it and wham.. it dropped on my shoulder. My first thought is there will be holes in my wall and there it was. 3 big holes. 

The next thing I thought about is the quality of the work. The installer must not have done a good job of installing the tracks. He drilled into the gib wall without any timber/wood at the back. Of course the curtain tracks would fall with no support right? How stupid. He said he has been doing this for 20 years. Does that means he has been drilling into the gib wall without any support? Watch out people. 

Anyway, after months of waiting for our permanent curtains to arrive, we finally got them end of June and asked the installer to come back. Apparently the installer has been replaced with a better installer, who came to fix everything up for us. They reinstall into the timber/wood with support and put up our curtains. So it is very strong now. Yay.. but of course they charged us for that. They were appalled by the previous installer's job. 

Well, next time when you hire people to install anything, make sure you know how to do it and prepare to correct them and be firm about it. 

No comments: